iMBA Program

Welcome iMBA Students!

The iMBA team is available to assist you at all times. We recommend that you bookmark this page for future reference, as it will be very useful as you complete the program. If you have any questions or issues, please contact us at i-support@illinois.edu.

iConverge

iConverge is our annual on-campus networking and professional development event. It is a chance for students to see familiar friends, make new ones and develop professional relationships outside the classroom.

Learn More

Graduation

Gies College of Business grants degrees three times a year -- in May, August, and December. You need to submit an application for graduation in your final term in order to place your name on the degree list and receive your diploma.

Learn More

News and Events

Two awards recognize indelible influence of Gies faculty

Jun 28, 2018, 04:56 by Gies College of Business

Kevin Jackson, Associate Professor of Accountancy, received the Outstanding Leader in Advancing Diversity Award. Reflecting upon this distinction, Jackson placed an emphasis not just on his own actions but of those throughout the College.

Jackson“I am honored by the recognition and must acknowledge that many of the things I do to advance diversity depend on the tremendous support from my department and colleagues,” Jackson said. “Even as I recount the different ways in which I invest in diversity in the accounting profession, I’m encouraged by the commitment of others to this diversity objective.”

The award indicates that Jackson stood out amongst his peers “for his leadership and commitment to fostering a culture of diversity within his profession.” Jackson joined the Gies faculty in 2004.

He has served as the Academic Director for the BS and MAS programs within the Department of Accountancy since 2015, and is a PwC faculty fellow. His efforts to further the College’s efforts toward diversity and inclusion epitomize what it takes to make a difference. And that difference is supported by Dean Jeffrey R. Brown, and the rest of the college, through our D&I commitment.

“We believe that diversity makes the College of Business stronger,” Brown said. “Respect for others is one of our core values. We value diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and we take pride in the fact that our students and faculty come from across the globe and represent many races, religions, genders, ethnicities, creeds, and ideologies. “We are also committed to creating and sustaining environments that are welcoming to all.”  

ICPAS touted Donohoe’s “significant contribution to accounting education,” which led to his 2018 Outstanding Educator Award. Traits of his that stood out included “leadership, teaching excellence, and active involvement in the accounting profession.” Currently an Associate Professor of Accountancy and PwC Faculty Fellow, Donohoe started at the College in 2011.

He teaches DonohoeTaxation of Business Entities in the university’s Master of Science in Accountancy Online (iMSA) program. Every year since 2012, Donohoe earned placement on the List of Teachers Ranked as Excellent by their Students at the University. The fact that his students are at the root of this recognition further inspires the instructor.

“I am profoundly honored to be nominated by my students, let alone be named a recipient of the Illinois CPA Society’s Outstanding Educator Award,” he said. “Evidence that I am making a meaningful impact in the classroom is an award in and of itself. I am grateful for the continual inspiration I receive from my students and colleagues at the University of Illinois.”